The Lehigh Valley Trust Building was built in 1911 as the headquarters for The Lehigh Valley Trust Company. The building is designed with turn-of-the-century architecture, four marble-fluted pillars, elaborate tapestries, original Hess’s chandeliers, and four stainless steel vaults. Perhaps the most impressive feature of the building is the 900 square foot stained-glass ceiling fashioned with refined Victorian persona. In 2004, the Jaindl family purchased the building to restore the property to its original grandeur.
The Lehigh Valley Trust Company was founded on July 14th, 1886 at 636 Hamilton Street in Allentown, Pennsylvania with initial capital of $250,000. The company would play a key role in the city’s economic prosperity through the early 20th century.
Marcus Charles Lawrence Kline, a Muhlenberg College graduate and prominent figure in the Lehigh Valley takes over presidency of the Lehigh Valley Trust Company. He plays a major role in the shaping of the Lehigh Valley Trust Building in Allentown.
The Lehigh Valley Trust Company consolidates 634 and 636 W Hamilton Street properties to form its new headquarters. The Lehigh Valley Trust Building is considered to redefine quality architecture throughout the region.
Three grand vaults, manufactured by the York Safe and Lock Co of York, Pennsylvania, are brought into Allentown via train and transported to the building up Hamilton Street by way of ten-horse team and carriage.
In the midst of the Great Depression the Allentown Trust Company, the Jordan State Bank and the Ridge Avenue Deposit and Trust Company fail. The Lehigh Valley Trust Company remains strong.
The Lehigh Valley Trust Company opens new branches throughout the Lehigh Valley. In addition to their headquarters at 634 Hamilton Street they added branches at Seventeenth and Chew Streets in the Lehigh Shopping Center on Union Boulevard.
The Lehigh Valley’s banking industry undergoes dramatic consolidation. The Lehigh Valley Trust Company merges with Jenkintown Bank and changes its name to “Industrial Valley Bank” and later merges with Fidelcor.
The Lehigh Valley Trust Building closes its doors for the last time. Siegfried Brann purchases the historic Lehigh Valley Trust Building and holds the property for nearly a decade before selling to private investors.
Jaindl Properties, headed by Mark and Zachary Jaindl, purchase the building to ensure it’s integrity is maintained. The father-son team stabilize the property and restore it’s antique features to their original integrity.
After a number of market studies, Jaindl Properties announces plans to convert the space to a wedding and events venue to be called Vault 634. Howard Kulp Architects is announced as the Lead Architect for the project.
After years of planning construction on Vault 634 begins. The multi-million dollar renovation will preserve the company’s historic features while integrating the modern amenities expected of a luxury event venue.
Vault 634 plans its grand opening for Spring 2018. The newly renovated venue will redefine event space throughout the region by seamlessly integrating gilded age opulence with luxury amenities.